Thursday, May 21, 2020

Blackberry and Bee

Here we go. New place, new name and still me.   Wildflower 57 was shut down a year ago, it was the absolute right thing but I always suspected there was more left to explore. So here I am.



First of all, the name.   My blackberry connection runs deep, I spent all of my summers until my college years in a little family cabin with beds on the porch and swimsuits on the railings in a beach town where my family moved the weekend school was out. We rented out our regular house and moved to the old family place for the summer where we stayed until the Monday afternoon of Labor Day, returning in time to start school. Next to the house, just off the big back deck was a blackberry patch that kept us in jam and pies all summer and into the fall. We would hack our way in and carrying pans we avoided the huge thorns and gathered the sweetest, biggest blackberries leaving the red ones to ripen for another day. My mom would whip up the best lattice top blackberry pies (and apple pies from the tree in the yard, but that's another story) and a couple of times a summer we would make jam that we used all year and gave as gifts to family and friends at Christmas. My favorite summer breakfast was pie on the back deck with my dad. Blackberry stained fingers stayed with me all summer long....

Bees are just a sort of personal symbol besides buzzing all over that blackberry patch, the back deck and the apple tree in that place that formed so much of who I am. Without the bees, there would be no blackberries.

I have been pulled to write and create again after taking some time off. This feels like the right time to explore the things that talk to me in the middle of the night, sweet stories and thoughts about sunshine and kindness...all of that. The making of things is right now personal and important and not about making money from it, there are many things that go along with the business side of handmade business and I am not in that space . The writing is another story, it needs to be read and shared. At least that's how it seems to me. I totally reserve the right to pivot and change directions as I go along but before I know where this is going, I needed a place for it all to land and grow.  I'm going to figure it out as I go and I ask nothing more of it all except to just be.




Please come back, I would love to share thoughts and good things with you. Truth talk and big ideas. Whatever falls out of my heart.  I'm so very glad you are here.

<3
B



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh Hey Hi

  Lately, I've heard the whispers of things I've been meaning to do.  If I had an organized bucket list, the things that would for s...