Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Oh Hey Hi

 Lately, I've heard the whispers of things I've been meaning to do.  If I had an organized bucket list, the things that would for sure be on it.  Write....I've heard that over and over.  I have excuses and blocks galore, I mean we all have things we've been meaning to get to but somehow don't.  I'm done with that not getting to the things in life, excuses are just fear talking louder than desire.  So I have a new computer, a cleared off space in front of my favorite window and I no longer work on Wednesdays and because I keep saying I want to write more... I will write more. I've made time and space for this and I could NOT be happier about giving writing a solid place in my world. Not even sure what will come of it all and right now I just don't really care, the joy is in the doing of the thing you have been meaning to do. The things that cause you say "I've always wanted to...."

As I launch myself into this way of coming at life, I felt a need to have an umbrella name, one to encompass whatever form it all takes. Whether I sew things, write things, stitch things, knit things or bake things...a name and place for my creative outlets. And although I've named some things before, I felt the need to strip it all down.   By B is the umbrella you will find me under. Once I get all the By B stuff set up, I'll have the path for finding me and my big umbrella but I started here with what I have in operation, I'm a little unsure about how to manage the next part of the set up but for now I'm here.   B...  that's me, what my friends call me and it's just what I need, simple and earnest. So this is me, stretching my fear busting attitude, facing life with joy, excitement and knowing that what I want is now and always has been in my own hands. If I want to be a writer, then I need to write. If I want to be a baker, I need to bake, if I want to hike, get out and hike and if I want to be happy, I can be happy.  

 I thought today on this first new step in this new place I would know what to write that would be so perfect but I'm a little blocked up, just the setting up and the opening of the computer is truthfully a lot. I don't even know if blogs are still a thing, I just know that long captions on Facebook aren't the place to work out the writing of things and this is a place to jump in. So here I am hoping you will hang out with me,  figuring out where this little path will take me and hopefully you will come along.  I have things to say, stories to tell, books to talk about and truths from my heart to share. I need good positive honest things in my life and will throw some out for anyone else who needs them. This is a starting spot, figuring out how the new keyboard feels and trying to find a font that looks a bit different from all the other fonts, I mean honestly the fonts.....  I'm so very glad you are here. And now a new little round up kind of section I'll be doing every week.  3 Things.  Just a journal type wrap up of 3 things I have been thinking about, doing, reading, wondering or watching.  here...we...go...


Three Things

1. I love October, it's my birthday month, my favorite month but right now November feels calm and cool like mist in the morning before the day sets in upon itself. I'm full of gratitude for so many decisions I've made and November seems to be welcoming  with the pace of less busyness.  

2. I'm halfway in the reading of The Book of Magic  by Alice Hoffman (one of my favorite authors, if not top favorite). The last in the Owens women story (Practical Magic is the first written in this group) and oh boy is it good.  Full of all the magic and heartache and family and love you could want or need.  I highly recommend all 4 books but read them in the time order they fit.  This is the last and I do NOT want this to be the end of this series.

3. I need the most sweet, simple Christmas and I need it soon.  I crave comfort and cozy, and white lights and giving and family and memories like crazy right now. Someday I'll be able to explain why, but right now, I just need to hold onto what is good and bright and kind in this world.  I will honor Thanksgiving (so excited for the plans we have this year) but I may have scatterings of bottle brush trees and little houses creeping in before the end of November.  Whatever, however you decide to Christmas it up, it's totally fine. We need what we need.  




OKAY!!!  I did it.  First Wednesday writing all looking out the prettiest window in my house and full of emotion, gratitude all peaking out from behind fear and trepidation. Thank you for reading this, I promise it will get better...I'll do better.  

Love you like a new adventure.

B

P.S.  ...about the different sized fonts, my new computer and I are learning to play nice with each other.  And if I'm honest...I kind of love the randomness of it all.  

 

2 comments:

  1. I’m in B! It’s wonderful and I’m in. That’s all…oh and love..to you and for you!
    Xo leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always enjoy reading your musings!

    ReplyDelete

Oh Hey Hi

  Lately, I've heard the whispers of things I've been meaning to do.  If I had an organized bucket list, the things that would for s...